All 11 art Reviews

Mating season Mating season

You're an amazing environment artist!

Lizertdesign responds:

Welll, i got a lot to improve though, but thanks man :)

Home sweet Bunker Home sweet Bunker

Technically, it's bichromatic, I see golds and greens. Still good work. Very much like Nikolai Lockertsen...

Lizertdesign responds:

XD true, but you know what i meant :b
Thanks man :)

how´s the view how´s the view

Great artistry! The subject matter is well drawn and your anatomy and proportions are stylized wonderfully. I rate it at 3.5 stars because the composition is distracting and confused. Am I seeing this from another tree? Am I up on a hill looking down? The framing of this piece leaves me wondering where I am and why I'm there. Your title leads me to believe that I am supposed to be on the ground below the black unicorn and so I would make the foreground elements reflect that if I put foreground elements in at all. Cant wait to see more.

RoseredTiger responds:

I see what you mean, I´l trie to pay more attention to that next time

Level 99 Carl from "Up" Level 99 Carl from "Up"

Awesome stylizing of a great subject. You kept your level additions within the universe of Up! and have really pulled off your posing and perspective well. I am reminded of the illustrations in the books of a favorite childhood poet, the late Shel Silverstein. I could stare at this for hours.

Princess Mononoke- The forest guardian Princess Mononoke- The forest guardian

This is a really ambitious piece. I can really tell you pushed yourself and it has paid off. The princess is stylized very well and you not only captured her at level 99, you captured a very well executed action shot in fantastic detail.

I knocked a star and a half for the wolf. The faces is good not great and the fur is detailed enough but flat. However, where it really falls short is in the proportions and posing. The rear legs appear short in comparison to the body and the forelegs are tucked unnaturally under the Princess. In fact, so much so that it makes her look like she is mounted on the side of the beast instead of on its back. That is a serious distraction for me as I ponder the piece.

I don't say this to slam the art or the artist, but I know how easy it can be to become so immersed in a piece that you lose track of parts of it. Good job overall and good luck in the contest!

Idyllicinnocence responds:

Oh no I completely understand thank you for your critique. I was a constant battle and I just couldn't get it quite right so I decided to leave it where I was happiest in the overall concept. Have a lovely day ~ x

Legend and his legacy Legend and his legacy

Wow!

CoolKIU responds:

Thank you very much!!!

THE RATCHET!!! THE RATCHET!!!

Great! I would switch backgrounds between characters. There is more drama if the leveled up character has the mountains and the dreaming level one character has the white background. Just a thought. Good job capturing the facial expressions!

MJoulid responds:

Thank you for the comment , maybe you are right.^^

Doge Doge

I'd love to see the art just by itself sans the text. Great texture!

harleys dead harleys dead

Hellooooo Nurse! Has a very Animaniacs feel to it and I love it!

PeterChalmers responds:

haha aw waw iv not seen animaniacs in years :D thanks so much

snowy cave snowy cave

I really like the composition and the subject. I agree, polishing it seems like a mistake. However, it is a little flat. I think the lighting could be tweaked with some highlights and shadows to show a little more drama.